Design communication and collaboration in remote teams
The design experiment aims to (i) explore four communication/collaboration challenges (representation, coordination, interaction and productivity) faced by architectural teams working remotely and (ii) support efficient and sustainable design collaboration between designers working in a diverse range of environments. Specifically, this research study is looking to recruit people who are Professionals in architectural firms who have experience in remote architectural teamwork.
디자인 실험은 (i) 원격으로 작업하는 건축 팀이 직면한 4가지 커뮤니케이션/협업 과제(표현, 조정, 상호 작용 및 생산성)를 탐색하고 (ii) 다양한(다문화) 환경에서 작업하는 디자이너 간의 효율적이고 지속 가능한 디자인 협업을 지원하는 것을 목표로 합니다. 특히, 본 연구는 원격 건축 팀워크 경험이 있는 건축 회사의 실무자들의 참여로 이루어집니다.
HC Number: HC200352 (UNSW Human Research Ethics)
- What does participation in this research require, and are there any risks involved?
If you agree to participate you will be asked to complete the following research procedures, (i) self-recording and (ii) interview.
- Self-recording: You ill be asked to videorecord your online design teamwork processes (e.g., a MS Teams or Zoom meeting) at least once (up to three, approx.-30-minute remote teamwork sessions). You will be asked to return the completed recording data or sharable links to the chief investigator (CI) email@example.com.
After receiving the completed questionnaire, the research coordinator will contact you to arrange the interview time.
- Interview: in an online interview, you will be asked questions about (i) four communication challenges (representation, coordination, interaction, and productivity) during the recorded teamwork sessions, (ii) teamwork modes (collaboration, cooperation, and competition) and (iii) technical and non-technical issues of remote architectural teamwork. The interview will take place via MS Teams or Zoom and will take approximately 30 minutes. With your permission, the research team will audio record the interview. If you do not wish to be recorded but you would like to participate please advise the CI of this and only written notes will be taken.You will receive the e-voucher(s) by email just after the interview.
Additional Costs: There are no costs associated with participating in this research project, nor will you be paid. However, you will be offered a $30 e-voucher (e.g., Paypal, JB or Westfield gift vouchers) per (teamwork) session or per participant (in total $99 AUD) in recognition of any reasonable expenses incurred while completing both the self-recording and interview stages.
본 연구의 참여자들에게는, 온라인 미팅 녹음 및 인터뷰를 완료하는 동안 발생한 합당한 비용을 고려하여, 호주달라 $100 – 한화 약 9만원의 바우처가 지급될 예정입니다.
- What if I want to withdraw from the research study?
If you do consent to participate, you may withdraw at any time. You can do so by completing the ‘Withdrawal of Consent Form’ which is provided at the end of this document or you can ring the research team and tell them you no longer want to participate. Your decision not to participate or to withdraw from the study will not affect your relationship with UNSW Sydney. If you decide to leave the research study, the researchers will not collect additional information from you. You can request that any identifiable information about you be withdrawn from the research project.
- What should I do if I have further questions about my involvement in the research study?
The person you may need to contact will depend on the nature of your query. If you require further information regarding this study or if you have any problems which may be related to your involvement in the study, you can contact the following members of the research team:
Program Coordinator: Dr Samaneh Arasteh (firstname.lastname@example.org or info@AusKorArch.net).